Saturday, August 23, 2008

Dealing with friends,family and people when they find out that you cut

Being able to admit that you do cut to friends and family is difficult. I dont know my father and i just moved back in with my mom 2 years ago so i didnt know what to say. My guidance counselor knew i wouldn't tell her so she called and explained. You can ask a trusted teacher or adult to do this if you cant most will be very understanding and help. Telling your friends is a different story. When i told mine they had a range of emotions but that is to be expected. Some cried some were angry and some totally flipped out and yelled at me none could understand why i did it. most people who dont self injure cant comprehend why someone would do this to themselves only we can understand and try to explain it to them. My advice to you is to choose who you tell very wisely. for example if one of your friends loves to gossip you probably shouldnt tell them. Also only tell a few people at first and as you get more comfortable with people knowing your seacret you can tell more if you choose thats all for now

♥ S.I.G

No comments: