Sunday, August 24, 2008

Getting Help

Getting help for cutting is like leading a horse to water.you cant force them to drink it and nobody can force you to stop cutting they can only provide the resources to do it. There are several ways to help stop and as it is an addiction you need to occupy your mind so that you think about cutting less. Join a club or a sport. or if your not the socialite than take up an art class where you can express yourself freely. FIND AN OUTLET THAT YOU ENJOY OTHER THAN SELF INJURY!! that is what's key! What has helped me (although i am not completely recovered as i still cut sometimes and i still think about it) is therapy. I dont always talk about cutting or what triggers it, i talk about everyday life. I also have taken up boxing which has let me release some of the anger and tension i have pent up inside. Also i enjoy writing, i keep several diaries as well as this blog and it allows me to say what i cant or wont say to anybody else in person. My point is to get involved in something and if your not that comfortable around people then write or take up art do something you can take pride in! well thats all for this topic
♥S.I.G

No comments: